2Build a ProfileLog in
Capturing observations on the move
The multi-award winning app for gathering observations on the go. It improves the quality and consistency of formative assessment, while also saving educators hours of record keeping time. Enjoy seamless progress tracking from Reception through to the end of Primary.
New customer? Order now
Capturing Observations on the Move
*Enter our festive giveaway – trial any app or add on in the 2Build a Profile family and you could win £500 to spend on your school’s festive party this year!*
Save hours of record keeping time with 2Build a Profile. The Early Years version of award-winning app provides a simple and powerful way to log children's achievements against the Early Years profile in a few simple steps; making it ideal for busy practitioners. Equally, the Primary version of 2Build a Profile is a Formative Assessment app designed specifically to help schools manage the new National Curriculum in 2014. A best practice, rigorous formative assessment process is at the heart of 2Build a Profile Primary.
- Open the app and take a photo with the device's camera
- Write your virtual post it note
- Select the children who are being observed
- Tag the observation with the learning objective
Your observations will be automatically sent via wifi to a secure website (Web Management Suite) for your school or setting where you can collate, view, save and print your observations at any time.
Depending on which version you choose, the App can come preinstalled with:
- New 2014 Curriculum
- Literacy & Numeracy Frameworks
- The National Curriculum (pre 2014)
- EYFS Framework
|2BuildaProfile Primary||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years|
|2BuildaProfile EYFS||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years|
|2Engage Parents||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years|
|2Reward||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years|
P-Scales and Exceeding Judgements can be added for a one-off cost of £50 (each).
The Welsh LNF can be added for a one-off cost of £200.
Features & Benefits
- Current and new National Curriculum for September 2014
- New Foundation Stage objectives for September 2012 for England
- Welsh Early Years objectives and Scottish CfE Early Level experiences and outcomes
- Online Web Management Suite for syncing multiple devices
- Security and encryption features ensure that all data is safe
- Next steps and overview function
- Save hours of record keeping time
- Consistent record keeping throughout your setting or school
- Capture the planned and spontaneous but important moments
- Quickly and easily take photos of pupil’s work, tag them with learner details and with objectives
- Provide individual learners and whole class reports via email or online Web Management Suite
- Save money on high printing costs
Always be OFSTED ready!
SMSC stands for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. All schools in England must show how well their pupils develop in SMSC.
It is an Ofsted requirement to track SMSC. 2Build a Profile provides a fast and effective way to track SMSC throughout the school!
Simply tag observations against the SMSC framework as you would normally with the curriculum.
You can then create SMSC reports for individual children or view a whole school SMSC coverage report. It’s that simple.
The SMSC framework is included FREE with 2Build a Profile Primary.
We recommend any Apple device with an inbuilt rear-facing camera:
- iPad 2, 3 and 4
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (4th and 5th generation*)
2Build a Profile is also accessible on certain Android devices.
Reporting and Overview
The Web Management Suite supports the 2Build a Profile mobile app. Using the suite, you can:
- Create class lists and distribute them to multiple devices.
- Build individual portfolios by collecting all of the evidence from your devices.
- Create PDF reports that collate all of the data captured by all of the devices in your establishment.
- View reports anywhere and anytime via secure logins.
You can access the suite from the following link: Web Management Suite
Progress Tracking and Cohort Assessment
Make sure each child is getting the best results with quick and easy progress tracking. 2Build a Profile Primary works perfectly with Classroom Monitor - an online markbook that tracks child development against the Primary Framework. The markbook uses a simple traffic light system to show each child’s progress against individual targets. All the evidence and observations you record in 2 Build a Profile are automatically shared with the markbook to support your judgements. It’s also quick and easy to check and compare cohort performance – the markbook instantly creates charts and graphs based on your live data.
Always be Ofsted ready!
- Seamless progress tracking from birth through to end of Reception year
- Create pupil learning journeys, summary sheets and templates at the touch of a button
- Easy to compare cohort groups and identify areas for intervention
- Automatically synchs with 2Build a Profile so all your evidence is stored in the markbook
- Links directly with your school’s MIS, so pupil details are always up to date
Find out more about the benefits of Classroom Monitor on their website.
‘As Head Teacher it allows me in real time to see the progress that the children are making. During the inspection we were able to show clear tracking and analysis of the progress of pupils, how closely we monitored their attainment, and how easy it now is to identify individuals or groups who are struggling’
Carolyn White, Walton-on-Trent Primary and Nursery, an Ofsted Outstanding school.
"I've been eagerly awaiting an app for exactly this purpose. It's really focused my EYFS team on what it is they are observing and the app itself makes the process of evidence collecting quick and straightforward."
Richard McLelland, EYFS Leader, St Mary's CE Primary, Kilburn.
"This fantastic app definitely made my life a lot easier. I'm a reception teacher and find the journal books time consuming."
Sadiat, Reception Teacher
"I would recommend this app to all EYFS settings as a fantastic tool to track children and record their achievements and also as a brilliant way to get their heads around the new curriculum."
Louise Bristow, EYFS leader/teacher, Little Marlow CE School
"Since using the app we have seen a huge reduction in our printing costs. All staff are very positive about 2Build a Profile, they are confident using it (even those that previously said they were not ‘computer literate’) and find it user friendly."
Rebecca Chere, Foundation Stage Coordinator, Engayne Primary School, Havering.
"Observations and record keeping have never been such fun!"
Emma Pate, Childminder
Security and Privacy
- During normal use of the app, evidence photos and attainment data is transmitted from the app to our data centres.
- This data is available on the Web Management Suite ONLY to users within the school or setting with the appropriate password.
- All staff using the app should be subject to their organisation's policy on "Acceptable use of Electronic Communications". An example policy is available on request.
- Children featured on evidence photos should be subject to the organisation's standard "Parental Permission for Photos" policy. An example policy is available on request.
- The data stored in our data centres is used for no other purpose than to provide the services available in the app and associated website (www.2buildaprofile.com).
- CRB-Checked 2Simple staff may access your online account to assist with support queries. This permission can be switched off in the settings area on the Web Management Suite.
To avoid unauthorised access, the app can be locked with a user-defined PIN code.
The app can be remotely deactivated should a device be lost or stolen.
All data is held securely in the app and in our datacentres within the British Isles.
All email transfers use industry standard encryption. PDFs sent by email can only be read using a PIN code when you protect your app with a code.
The Web Management Suite uses industry standard encryption.
Website encryption is performed using a Globalsign secure certificate. More details.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act:
- The organisation using the app is the Data Controller
- 2Simple and its service providers are Data Processors
2Simple complies with its responsibilities as Data Processor under the Data Protection Act. It is the Organisation's responsibility as Data Controller to be registered under the Data Protection Act. Further details can be found in our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any 2Build a Profile support queries please call our support line on 0161 883 2332.