Capturing Early Years Observations on the Move
Save hours of record keeping time with 2Build a Profile. This award-winning app provides a simple and powerful way to log children's achievements against the Early Years profile in a few simple steps; making it ideal for busy practitioners.
- Open the app and take a photo with the device's camera.
- Write your virtual post it note.
- Select the children who are being observed.
- Tag the observation with the Early Learning goals.
Your observations will be automatically sent via wifi to a secure website (Web Management Suite) for your school or setting where you can collate, view, save and print your observations at any time.
APP UPDATE AVAILABLE
2Build a Profile Pricing:
We can also add the P Scales and/or Exceeding Judgements for a one off payment of £50 each.
Licences for child-minders are charged at £30pa (Inc VAT).
You can buy 2Build a Profile and the 2Engage Parents add-on directly online. Alternatively, you can download an order form here.
Please contact 2Simple for alternative pricing and special deals if you are a cluster of schools or nurseries wishing to purchase 2Build a Profile.
Features and Benefits
- New Foundation Stage objectives for September 2012 for England.
- Welsh Early Years objectives and Scottish CfE Early Level experiences and outcomes.
- Online Web Management Suite for syncing multiple devices.
- Security and encryption features ensure that all data is safe.
- Next steps and overview function
- Save hours of record keeping time.
- Consistent record keeping throughout your setting or school.
- Capture the planned and spontaneous but important moments.
- Quickly and easily take photos of pupil’s work; tag them with learner details and Foundation Stage targets.
- Provide individual learners and whole class reports via email or online Web Management Suite.
- Save money on high printing costs.
We recommend any Apple device with an inbuilt rear-facing camera:
- iPad 2, 3 and 4
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (4th and 5th generation*)
To install the app on to an iPad click here.
To install the app on an iPhone/iPod click here.
* Please note that the new 5th generation iPod Touch (released around about end of March, early June 2013, and which retails around £199) does not have a rear facing camera and so is not compatible with 2Build a Profile. If you would like to purchase an iPod Touch 5th Generation please make sure you purchase the more expensive one with a rear-facing camera.
2Build a Profile is also accessible on certain Android devices. We recommend the:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" and Tab 3 7" Tablet - 8GB.
Other Android devices may work as long as they have a rear facing camera and Android 4.x.
To install the app on an android device click here.
Reporting and Overview
The Web Management Suite supports the 2Build a Profile mobile app. Using the suite, you can:
Create class lists and distribute them to multiple devices.
Build individual portfolios by collecting all of the evidence from your devices.
Create PDF reports that collate all of the data captured by all of the devices in your establishment.
View reports anywhere and anytime via secure logins.
You can access the suite from the following link: Web Management Suite
The size of the photos taken through the app are compressed so that you can fit thousands of observations on the devices without running out of space. 8GB is all you would need.
Please note that 2Build A Profile requires wifi access to download, update and for syncing purposes.
2Engage Parents is an additional package of “parent-oriented” features accessed via 2Build a Profile. It offers a quick, simple and effective way of proving “parental engagement” in the learning process. Using 2Engage Parents, you can:
- Email reports to every parent in the class with just one click.
- Immediately identify learners who require more observations before creating the parent report.
- Quickly tag observations as being “parent-friendly”. Observations can be excluded from the parent report if unfinished/unsuitable.
- Customise the parent report layout to suit the needs for the school.
- View the history page, showing every report sent to parents and all responses received back from parents.
2Engage Parents is an additional cost.
2Engage Parents Pricing:
1 Year: £200 (with a year licence of 2Build a Profile)
3 Years: £400 (with a three year licence of 2Build a Profile)
5 Years: FREE (with a five year licence of 2Build a Profile)
For more information click here
Progress Tracking and Cohort Assessment
Make sure each child is getting the best results with quick and easy progress tracking. 2Build a Profile works perfectly with Classroom Monitor Early Years - an online markbook that tracks child development against their EYFS goals.
The markbook uses a simple traffic light system to show each child’s progress against individual targets. All the evidence and observations you record in 2 Build a Profile are automatically shared with the markbook to support your judgements.
It’s also quick and easy to check and compare cohort performance – the markbook instantly creates charts and graphs based on your live data.
Always be Ofsted ready!
- Seamless progress tracking from birth through to end of Reception year
- Create pupil learning journeys, summary sheets and templates at the touch of a button
- Easy to compare cohort groups and identify areas for intervention
- Automatically synchs with 2Build a Profile so all your evidence is stored in the markbook
- Links directly with your school’s MIS, so pupil details are always up to date
Find out more about the benefits of Classroom Monitor on their website.
‘As Head Teacher it allows me in real time to see the progress that the children are making. During the inspection we were able to show clear tracking and analysis of the progress of pupils, how closely we monitored their attainment, and how easy it now is to identify individuals or groups who are struggling’
Carolyn White, Walton-on-Trent Primary and Nursery, an Ofsted Outstanding school.
"I've been eagerly awaiting an app for exactly this purpose. It's really focused my EYFS team on what it is they are observing and the app itself makes the process of evidence collecting quick and straightforward."
Richard McLelland, EYFS Leader, St Mary's CE Primary, Kilburn.
"This fantastic app definitely made my life a lot easier. I'm a reception teacher and find the journal books time consuming."
Sadiat, Reception Teacher
"I would recommend this app to all EYFS settings as a fantastic tool to track children and record their achievements and also as a brilliant way to get their heads around the new curriculum."
Louise Bristow, EYFS leader/teacher, Little Marlow CE School
Since using the app we have seen a huge reduction in our printing costs. All staff are very positive about 2Build a Profile, they are confident using it (even those that previously said they were not ‘computer literate’) and find it user friendly.
Rebecca Chere, Foundation Stage Coordinator, Engayne Primary School, Havering.
"Observations and record keeping have never been such fun!"
Emma Pate, Childminder
2Engage Parents add-on
"We are sharing the observations regularly with parents by e-mail and have received great feedback. One parent said "receiving the observations made our weekend - the whole family sat down to look at the photos together" and another parent said "my husband works away and we were able to forward him the e-mail so he could see what Alice was doing at Nursery" (name changed). Parents are responding to the e-mails directly and so we now have an ongoing dialogue about each child that we can keep on record."
Jo Knobbs, Teacher
Security and Privacy
- During normal use of the app, evidence photos and attainment data is transmitted from the app to our data centres.
- This data is available on the Web Management Suite ONLY to users within the school or setting with the appropriate password.
- All staff using the app should be subject to their organisation's policy on "Acceptable use of Electronic Communications". An example policy is available on request.
- Children featured on evidence photos should be subject to the organisation's standard "Parental Permission for Photos" policy. An example policy is available on request.
- The data stored in our data centres is used for no other purpose than to provide the services available in the app and associated website (www.2buildaprofile.com).
- CRB-Checked 2Simple staff may access your online account to assist with support queries. This permission can be switched off in the settings area on the Web Management Suite.
- To avoid unauthorised access, the app can be locked with a user-defined PIN code.
- The app can be remotely deactivated should a device be lost or stolen.
- All data is held securely in the app and in our datacentres within the British Isles.
- All email transfers use industry standard encryption. PDFs sent by email can only be read using a PIN code when you protect your app with a code.
- The Web Management Suite uses industry standard encryption.
- Website encryption is performed using a Globalsign secure certificate. More details.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act:
- The organisation using the app is the Data Controller
2Simple and its service providers are Data Processors
2Simple complies with its responsibilities as Data Controller under the Data Protection Act. It is the Organisation's responsibility as Data Controller to be registered under the Data Protection Act.
Text and Video Support
If you have any 2Build a Profile support queries please call our support line on 0161 298 4222.
Click here to visit the 2Build a Profile support page for extensive text and video support.