Capturing Early Years observations on the move.
About the app
Save hours of record keeping time with 2Build a Profile. This app provides a simple and powerful way to log children's achievements against the Early Years profile in a few simple steps; making it ideal for busy practioners.
- Open the app and take a photo with the device's camera.
- Write your virtual post it note.
- Select the children who are being observed.
- Tag the observation with the Early Learning goals.
Your observations will be automatically sent via wifi to a secure website (Web Management Suite) for your school or setting where you can collate, view, save and print your observations at any time.
Watch this video to learn more about 2Build a Profile.
We recommend any Appledevice with an inbuilt camera:
- ipad mini
- ipod touch
2Build a Profile is also accessible on various Android devices such as the Acer A100.
The size of the photos taken through the app are compressed so that you can fit thousands of observations on the devices without running out of space.
Please note that 2Build A Profile requires wifi access.
Reporting and Overview
Your observations will be sent securely and wirelessly to the Web Management Suite
Here you can log in and view, save and print:
- Individual child reports
- Class overviews
- Individual child progress reports
"I've been eagerly awaiting an app for exactly this purpose. It's really focused my EYFS team on what it is they are observing and the app itself makes the process of evidence collecting quick and straightforward."
Richard McLelland, EYFS Leader, St Mary's CE Primary, Kilburn.
"This fantastic app definitely made my life a lot easier. I'm a reception teacher and find the journal books time consuming."
Sadiat, Reception Teacher
"I would recommend this app to all EYFS settings as a fantastic tool to track children and record their achievements and also as a brilliant way to get their heads around the new curriculum."
Louise Bristow, EYFS leader/teacher, Little Marlow CE School
"Observations and record keeping have never been such fun!"
Emma Pate, Childminder
Since using the app we have seen a huge reduction in our printing costs. All staff are very positive about 2Build a Profile, they are confident using it (even those that previously said they were not ‘computer literate’) and find it user friendly.
Rebecca Chere, Foundation Stage Coordinator, Engayne Primary School, Havering.
App annual licence pricing (excluding VAT):
1 device £99
2 devices £198
3 or more devices £299
Please Contact 2Simple for alternative pricing and special deals if you are a cluster of schools or nurseries wishing to purchase 2Build a Profile or if you would like to purchase it for multiple years.
Security and Privacy
The following steps are taken in the interest of security and privacy for 2Build a Profile users:
- During normal use of the app, evidence photos and attainment data is transmitted from the app to our data centres.
- Tis data is available on the Web Management Suite ONLY to users within the school or setting with the appropriate password.
- All staff using the app should be subject to their organisation's policy on "Acceptable use of Electronic Communications". An example policy is available on request.
- Children featured on evidence photos should be subject to the organisation's standard "Parental Permission for Photos" policy. An example policy is available on request.
- The data stored in our data centres is used for no other purpose than to provide the services available in the app and associated website (www.2buildaprofile.com).
- CRB-Checked 2Simple staff may access your online account to assist with support queries. This permission can be switched off in the settings area on the Web Management Suite. br>
- To avoid unauthorised access, the app can be locked with a user-defined PIN code.
- The app can be remotely deactivated should a device be lost or stolen.
- All data is held securely in the app and in our datacentres within the UK.
- All email transfers use industry standard encryption. PDFs sent by email can only be read using a PIN code.
- The Web Management Suite uses industry standard encryption.
- Website encryption is performed using a Globalsign secure certificate. More details.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act:
- The organisation using the app is the Data Controller
- 2Simple and its service providers are Data Processors
2Simple complies with its responsibilities as Data Controller under the Data Protection Act. It is the Organisation's responsibility as Data Controller to be registered under the Data Protection Act.