What's in a pack?
A brand-new chapter
The latest chapter of a specially-written serialised book. Read on tablets, on laptops, with print out copies, or together via an interactive whiteboard, highlighting important words as you read.
Guided reading resources
Each book chapter inspires a host of printable resources for class use. Comprehension quizzes, SPaG worksheets, sequencing activities, and open ended questions - they're all in one place.
Practice diverse forms of writing using the provided scaffolded writing templates. Children can write a news report, compare the two main characters or dream up their version of the next chapter.
How does it work?
- Each Monday over the course of a half-term, new chapters are released from at least two thrilling books.
- The books are written with lots of cliff-hangers to keep children excited about continuing the story each week.
- Teachers have advance access to the whole book and all the resources, in order to help with planning.
- Serial Mash is also a growing library of more than 50 books, many featuring popular curriculum topics.
- It comes with free home access, making it a brilliant way to make more books available to children at home.
- The exciting Fire Bolt series is included specifically to give low ability readers the chance to read for pleasure.